MEST LÄST JUST NU

Hästmagazinet

Ute just nu!

Islandshäst-
magazinet

Allt om dressyr

E-Tidning

Kontakt

  • Hästmagazinet
    Parkgatan 20
    515 33 Viskafors
  • Ansvarig utgivare: Robert Solin
  • Växel: +46 08-588 366 20
  • Kundservice/pren:
    E-post: Kundservice
    08-588 366 23
  • Redaktion: 08-588 366 21
  • Annons: 0705-88 02 09
  • E-post: info@hastmagazinet.com
    Plusgiro: 1040-5
  • LRF Media AB Orgnr. 556413-2883 113 92 Stockholm
  • Besöksadress: Franzéngatan 1B 112 51 Stockholm
  • Tel: 08-588 366 00
    Fax: 08-588 369 89
    E-post: LRF Media

Ryttar-VM 2018: Och så var de bara tre...

Dressage News har en insitksfull analys av vad som hänt, klicka på Läs mer.

Från FEI:
Wellington (USA), which had been confirmed as an official candidate to stage the FEI World Equestrian Games™ in 2018, has withdrawn from the bidding process.
 
Equestrian Sport Productions (ESP), the company that had put together the US bid for 2018, informed the FEI today that it was officially withdrawing from the process, due to a change in local government.
 
ESP President Michael Stone, expressed his regret that Wellington was withdrawing from the bid process. “We are fully aware of the massively positive economic impact the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2010 had on Kentucky”, he said, “but we have a responsibility to the local community, equestrian sport, and the FEI World Equestrian Games not to waste the time, effort and resources of all parties involved in the international selection process.”
 
The three bid cities still in the running to host the FEI World Equestrian Games™ in 2018 are Rabat (MAR); Bromont (CAN); Vienna (AUT). Bidding teams from the three official candidate cities will come to FEI Headquarters in Lausanne (SUI) this week for a meeting on 11 July.
 
“We are sorry Wellington will not be pursuing their bid,””, FEI Secretary General Ingmar De Vos said, “but we have three other candidates that have all put in very strong bids for 2018, so there is still plenty of excitement about the bidding process, and that excitement will certainly be increased when the bid teams come to FEI HQ this week.”

Från Wellington (Equestrian Sport Promotion):
questrian Sport Productions (ESP), owner and operator of the world renowned Winter Equestrian Festival, has informed the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI) and the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) today that they are withdrawing their bid for the FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2018 to be held in Wellington, Florida. The USEF were kept fully informed of the issues and have expressed their disappointment at the decision.

Mark Bellissimo, Managing Partner of Wellington Equestrian Partners (WEP) stated, "After extensive deliberations and analysis of the entire situation, including two years of planning and development efforts in support of a World Equestrian Games bid, the Operating Committee of WEP unanimously agreed that the recent actions taken by the newly-elected members of the Wellington Village Council (John Greene, Matt Wilhite, and Bob Margolis) to impede the development of equestrian sport in Wellington has forced us to withdraw our bid for the games."

This decision will result in a major lost economic opportunity for Wellington, Palm Beach County, and the State of Florida. ESP announced its intention to bid more than two years ago and became an official candidate on June 11, 2012. Wellington was one of four remaining candidates, which included: Rabat, Morocco; Vienna, Austria; and Bromont, Canada.

Michael Stone, President of ESP added, "We have a responsibility to the community, equestrian sport, and the FEI World Equestrian Games™ not to waste the time, effort, and resources of all parties involved in the international selection process. The newly elected majority of the Village Council is attacking those venues that would host the event. This is contrary to the best interests of the Games and to the economy of Wellington. Despite their continued public statements about supporting our new dressage facility and of the equestrian industry in general, their words are disingenuous when compared to their recent and pending actions."

"We are sorry Wellington will not be pursuing their bid," FEI Secretary General Ingmar De Vos said.

The 2018 WEG was targeted to be held over a two-week period starting the first of October. It would have attracted an estimated 150,000 people from around the world and an estimated 350,000 people from around the United States. The economic data from the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ that were held in Lexington, Kentucky, resulted in the following:

- $233 million direct economic impact plus over $100 million indirect economic impact
- Over 200,000 lodging nights
- 507,000 attendees
- 168 million global TV audience
- 449 hours of overall broadcast time
- 66 channels from 100+ countries broadcast the games

Wellington Equestrian Partners are focusing their energies on the 2013 Winter Equestrian Festival and the 2013 Global Dressage Festival.

Läs mer »
ANNONS

Annons

Den här nyheten

Relaterade nyheter

Senaste nytt

ANNONSER